Tracking is performed using a combination of Minew gateways and wearable devices or asset tags.
Minew gateways are mounted on the walls or ceiling to receive data from BLE-devices. The data is then being sent to the Navigine server via Wi-Fi or a cable connection.
To start configuring Minew gateways first connect to it via Wi-Fi. The SSID name is “GW-mac_address” of the gateway.
Then go to the Minew web interface and connect to the gateway at 192.168.99.1
Make sure that firmware version is 4.0.4 or higher. Download firmware 4.0.4 to upgrade.
Next, choose preferred connection type: Ethernet or Wi-Fi (instruction below describes Ethernet connection).
1) Make sure that your network allows sending data https://rtls.navigine.com/
2) Set Protocol - MQTT
Upload Interval - 1 second
Data format - BINARY-LONG
3) Fill URL with
4) Send us an e-mail to email@example.com to get your Username and Password.
5) Once the credentials have been received, fill in the gaps and press apply.
To use mac address filter enter the same part of the mac address in the BLE mac filter line. To filter only Minew devices enter “AC23”.
Register in the Navigine Mapping Tool
Add floor plan and Name it
Add Minew gateways to the floor plan.
Name – Minew mac address
UUID – Minew mac address without «:»
Create an app. In the left menu select Apps – Add Application and type Title.
Press Enable button in the top left corner and name the location.
Wearable devices and asset tags can look like a card, bracelet, watches etc.
2. Go to Settings - Groups and create a group. This step is required to combine tags used for the same purpose.
3. Then go to Objects section of the left menu and add wearable devices or asset tags (card, bracelet, etc).
Title - object name that will be displayed in the system
Group - group that will contain the asset tag
Object type – for moving objects select Dynamic
Device type – choose New
Device ID – mac address of the device.
5. If everything was done correctly, you will see tracked devices in the Online tracking tab. It can take up to 5 minutes for the changes to apply.
To improve tracking accuracy contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org