The first step after registration is to create a location. The "Locations" button can be found on the left side of the screen of the browser. A location is a floor plan of the area that will be covered by one of Navigine solutions - asset tracking or indoor navigation. A location consists of sublocations (floors, levels), the amount of which depends on the complexity of the target area (multi-floor buildings, several buildings in close proximity).
Pic. 1 Navigation menu
- Upload the floor plan of one floor into the platform in any available file format (PNG, JPG, SVG file). This can be done in two ways:
1.1 From the home page,
Pic. 2 Upload from Home page
1.2, by clicking on the "Location" tab, then "Location list" and choosing "Add location" from the list.
Pic. 3 Upload from Locations tab
Note that the size of the image shall not exceed 5 Mb. 2. Place the floor plan image on the map so it matches the location of the building. Adjust the image's position, size, and rotation to make it fit perfectly with the building outline on the map.
Pic 4. Resizing and turning image
- If there is difficulty finding the location on the map, open advanced settings for additional functionality. Here it is possible to add precision to floor plan location: - Floor name, - Address, - Latitude, - Longitude, - External ID, - Level ID, - m Projection width, - m Projection height, - m Height above ground level, - Angle, - m Plan opacity.
Pic. 5 Advanced settings
- Once all the actions are completed and all the fields are filled in correctly, save the changes by clicking the "Save" button or change picture if you want to upload different floor plan.
Pic. 6 Change image and save buttons
- For multi-floor buildings, choose the floor subsection of the toolbar. Press the Add floor button from the dropdown menu. Follow bulletpoints 1-4 of this instruction.
Pic. 7 Add floor
- If you want to change or delete floor scheme of the Location or Floor you can do it anytime from settings menu by the side of Location or Floor name.
Pic. 8 Edit or delete